Stem cells can differentiate into many other cells or tissues. These are young cells that exist in the human body from the day of conception to the last day of life, but the largest number of these unique cells is found in the umbilical cord blood of a newborn.
Stem items have the ability to self-renew. Various cell types are formed from an immature cell under the influence of different growth factors.
It’s possible to get the mentioned cells from embryos (for example, abortive materials can be used for research purposes), as for the adults, their main source is bone marrow. They are also actively isolated from the pulp of newborns’ teeth.
The result of the stem cells work, of course, depends on the patient’s body condition, the severity, duration of the disease, and other factors, but it is already clear that the use of stem cells in one way or another always leads to positive dynamics in the patient’s state of health.
Even in the case of having very serious ailments, it is quite possible to achieve significant improvement and increase the quality of life.
It’s possible to get rid of such diseases, as:
- Spinal muscular atrophy.
- A disease of the nervous system (Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, as well as other similar disorders).
- Cerebrovascular disease.
- Cardiological affections (coronary heart disease, arterial hypertension).
- Gastrointestinal tract problems (ulcerative colitis).
- Muscular dystrophy.
- Liver disease.
- Problems with the potency.
The stem cells are greatly used in the treatment of severe blood and bone marrow diseases. Pay attention that the bone marrow transplant procedure itself is not like classical transplantation – the doctor does not cut the bones and does not replace their contents with new ones.
Bone marrow transplantation looks like a blood transfusion – by the way, the bone marrow donation can be performed like blood donation.
The situation is more complicated with other tissues. In order to transplant a skin or cornea, tissue from stem cells must first be grown in a nutrient medium (such processes are expensive and require ideal conditions).
The duration of the treatment course using drugs is outpatient and depends on the diagnosis, medical history, complications, and concomitant diseases.
The stem cell treatment in Germany takes nearly 14 days and includes:
- Taking your own stem cells. The specific laboratory uses innovative technology for the selection of special blood cells – the precursors of monocytes and the subsequent cultivation of mesenchymal stem cells.
- The cultivation of mesenchymal cells in the laboratory for 14 days.
- General health-improving immune preparation of the body for 2 weeks. After a check-up diagnosis of the whole organism using a computer frequency resonance method, the patient receives a comprehensive medication and recommendations for the correction of nutrition.
- The intravenous intake of stem cells (perhaps a partial introduction in the treatment of eyes, joints, or impotence).